Tim was born in 1979 and raised in Pensacola, Florida. He decided to become a lawyer when he entered college at 18 years old. Tim obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of West Florida where he majored in English and minored in Political Science. Tim graduated from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 2004, where he focused on litigation courses and won several trial team awards.
Immediately after obtaining his Juris Doctorate at 24 years old, he became an Assistant Florida State Attorney, 1st Judicial Circuit, where he prosecuted hundreds of misdemeanor and felony crimes. He obtained a wealth of trial and litigation experience during that time and continues to try jury trials in civil and criminal cases. He has tried nearly 60 jury trials to date.
In 2006, Tim started his law practice in Florida, moved to Montana in 2010 and has practiced law handling criminal and civil matters.
Tim represented 30 Montana State legislators as an Amicus party in federal District Court, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court, relative to Commerce Power and Tenth Amendment in Montana Shooting Sports Assoc. v. Attorney General Eric Holder. Tim is also a board member of the Montana Shooting Sports Association and United States Concealed Carry Association.
Tim was the first attorney in Montana to successfully argue the unconstitutionality of Montana’s Partner and Family Member Assault statute on Equal Protection grounds (under both the Rational Basis Test and Strict Scrutiny Test). Tim has helped hundreds of clients and attorneys prevail in their legal matters and works diligently and vigorously to protect their rights.
Tim also has a passion for political and philosophical matters and issues. He ran for Montana State House in 2012, has authored hundreds of political articles and several books. Baldwin is an active member of the Federalist Society and Republican Party and enjoys being actively involved in his community. Tim is the father of three children and the husband to Jennifer since 2007. He enjoys the Montana life, including hiking, hunting, music, and family.
Tim also has a legal research and writing practice, Strickland & Baldwin, PLLP.
Tim Baldwin’s career history includes:
- Quatman and Quatman, P.C. current
- Baldwin Law Offices, P.A. – 2006 to 2014
- Strickland & Baldwin, PLLP – August 2013 to current.
- Lerner Law Firm, Kalispell, MT – April 2012 to September 2012.
- Florida State Attorney’s Office – 2004 to 2006.
- Alabama District Attorney’s Office – 2004.
- Chamblee & Malone, L.L.C. – 2003.
- Levin, Papantonia, P.A. – 2002.
Baldwin’s formal education includes:
- Juris Doctorate. Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 2001 – 2004.
- Bachelor of Arts. University of West Florida, 1999 – 2001.
- Associate of Arts. Pensacola State College, 1997 – 1999.
Licensed in These Jurisdictions
- All State courts in Montana
- United States District Court, Montana District
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States
- United States Supreme Court